Contributed by Bob Dowhy at World Recipes Y-Group
- from Good Housekeeping
- Serves 4.
- 4 pork loin chops
- 4 medium potatoes cut in to thin slices
- 3 carrots cut in to thin slices
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 1 x 16 ounce can tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1 x 10 ounce package frozen peas
- Trim some fat from chops.
- Place fat in Dutch-oven over medium heat; cook fat until light brown.
- Using spoon press and rub fat over bottom of Dutch-oven.
- Discard extra fat.
- Add chops and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove chops and set aside.
- In remaining fat cook potatoes, carrots and onions until lightly browned; stirring occasionally.
- Add salad oil if necessary.
- Return chops to Dutch-oven.
- Arrange vegetables over and around chops.
- Stir in tomatoes with there liquid and remaining ingredients except peas.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until chops and potatoes are tender.
- Add peas and heat through.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.