- 2 medium Apples
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 tbs. granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Peel and cut Apples into eighths (wedges). Sift together flour, baking powder and salt with 4 tablespoons of the Sugar.
- Cut in butter/margarine. Combine egg and milk and add to flour mixture. Turn batter into greased 8 inch square cake pan. Press Apple wedges partly into batter.
- Combine remaining 2 tbs. Sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over Apple. Bake at 425 degree F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.