This Apple Cobbler Deluxe is a Dutch oven Recipe. Serves: 12-14
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs; well beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup butter; melted
- Place apples in a buttered 12" Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle raisins over the apples.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, and 1 cup of the pecans; stir to mix.
- Spinkle over top of apples.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together eggs, evaporated milk and melted butter.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry all at once and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter over apples then sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Cover and bake for 45 to 60 minutes using 8-10 briquettes bottom and 14-16 briquettes top until topping is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.