Serve this special breakfast dish for a real treat, include maple syrup!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large apples, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in a large bowl until just mixed.
- Place butter in a 10 inch ovenproof skillet, on the stove top, until sizzling, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and place in the oven; bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, slice apples into 12 sections.
- Melt butter in a saute pan, over medium-low heat.
- Add spices and stir together, add apple slices and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, cover and reserve.
- Remove pancakes from oven and serve immediately with the warm spiced apples.
- The pancake will not stay puffed for more than a few minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.