- 1 pound rhubarb*
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind -- grated
- 2 packages gelatin -- unflavored (envelop
- 1/2 cup cream -- whipping
- rhubarb cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine rhubarb, 1 cup of water, Sugar, and lemon rind in med. sized saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until tender.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the 1/2 cup water in a 1 cup measure.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir into the hot mixture.
- Cook 5 minutes more, mashing the rhubarb.
- Pour into a bowl; chill until mixture will hold its shape when spooned.
- Beat cream until stiff; fold into rhubarb until no streaks remain.
- Spoon into individual dishes and chill for 4 hours or until soft-set.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.