- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sifted pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sifted white cornmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (or 1/4 teaspoon prepared ground nutmeg)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons brandy, preferably apple brandy
- Thoroughly cream butter and Sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time .
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and corn meal.
- Blend by hand the dry ingredients into the batter alternately with the brandy and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased shallow cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert on a cake rack and strip of the wax paper.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.