In Romanian: Pasca cu brinza de vaca
- 1 lb / 500 g cottage cheese
- 4 oz / 100 g raisins
- 3 - 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sugar to taste
- a little grated lemon peel
- Mix the ingredients for filling to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Roll a pencil thick sheet out of the sweet bread dough. Place in a baking pan.
- From another piece of dough form a long, finger thick roll and arrange it around the sheet, sticking to the walls of the pan.
- Place the filling within, without covering the roll on the edges.
- Make two more such dough rolls and place them over the filling in an X shape.
- After the cake has risen a bit in a warm place, use a little egg wash over the dough rolls.
- Set in the oven to bake. Remove from the pan when it is cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.