Makes 4 servings
- 1 x 5-ounce package saffron long-grain rice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 small tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- ¼ cup skim milk
- Cook rice according to package directions, using no margarine and shortest cooking time; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon lime juice, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium temperature.
- Add onion, stirring and cooking until clear 5 minutes; remove from pan; keep warm.
- Place chicken in skillet; cook 3 minutes on each side or until opaque; remove and keep warm.
- Add cumin, tomatoes, green pepper, ginger, curry powder, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt to skillet.
- Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Arrange chicken in 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with half of cooked rice, onions and half of sauce in skillet.
- Sprinkle with mint.
- Layer remaining rice and sauce; pour milk over chicken.
- Cover; bake in 325°F oven 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.