- 1 cup flour or Wheat starch (may even be flavored, but not sweetened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 packet vanilla (or a dash or a splash)
- the finely grated skin of a lemon or an orange (optional)
- Beat the eggs and the Sugar at high speed for 5 minutes or till the mixture thickens.
- Add the flour and the vanilla and the grated lemon/orange skin.
- Beat till well-mixed. Pour into a buttered and floured pan or into small individual pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 °F for 30 min or till it becomes golden and is not liquid when you poke it with a fork.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.