- 1/2 cup of softened (or melted) butter or margarine
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups smashed very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of white flour
- 1 rounded Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, Sugar, eggs and vanilla. When it is well mixed, add the mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, beating a little after each addition.
- Pour into a lightly greased and floured 9" x 13" cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.