Tomato Juice Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cups tomato juice
- ⅓ cup catsup
- 2 (15½ ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown beef, onions, and green pepper until beef is browned and mixture falls apart. Drain and discard fat.
- Add chili powder, tomato juice, catsup, and beans.
- Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.