Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Cream the sugar, shortening and vanilla.
- Add eggs and buttermilk.
- Blend in baking soda, baking powder and flour.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Mix sugar, nuts and cinnamon together.
- Cut the topping into batter for a marbleized effect.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 – 40 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.