Bisquick Heart Smart™ recipe! Weekend brunch for two? Or will it be eggs for dinner in a tasty veggie-packed bake. Fresh fruit makes a great accompaniment to this egg bake.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 10 minutes | Start to Finish: 50 minutes
- Makes: 2 servings
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- ½ cup chopped tomato (a large plum tomato is just right for this recipe)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Bisquick Heart Smart ® mix
- ½ cup fat-free (skim) milk
- ¼ cup fat-free egg product or 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle zucchini, tomato, onion and cheese in pan.
- In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 33 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- High altitude (3500 – 6500 ft): increase Bisquick ® mix to 6 tablespoons.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 25) | Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g) | Cholesterol 5mg | Sodium 640mg | Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 8g) | Protein 10g
- Percent Daily Value : Vitamin A 15% | Vitamin C 8% | Calcium 25% | Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch | 0 Other Carbohydrate | 1 Vegetable | 1 Lean Meat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1½
- ↑ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.