This recipe is a quick and easy no-weep meringue recipe.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Nick Malgieri, How to Bake, MacMillan, 1996
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 4 large egg whites (use pasteurized egg white powder for safe eggs)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan, or microwave, and bring to a boil, cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- In mixer bowl, beat egg whites, and 2 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add hot syrup and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over warm pie filling, seal edges to crust and sprinkle with a few shreds of coconut, if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until browned to your liking. Cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.