Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source : Tacoma News Tribune via The Cup O'Recipes Mailer
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2½ cup onion -- finely chopped
- shortening for deep-frying
- Mix together dry ingredients, then add the milk.
- This should make a fairly thick batter.
- Add onions, and mix well.
- Drop batter by spoon into hot fat.
- When golden on one side (about 3 – 4 minutes), turn them and flatten into patties.
- Fry until golden on the second side.
- Drain on paper towels.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.