- 1/3 c. clear syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. (1 lb.) powdered sugar
- 2 pounds caramels
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 2 pounds chopped pecans
- Blend butter, syrup, salt and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar all at once.
- Mix all together well with hands (as for pie dough) until smooth.
- Shape into log centers about 1 inch diameter and 4-6 inches long. Freeze overnight.
- Melt caramels over double boiler adding small amount evaporated milk until dipping consistency (should flow smoothly off spoon quite slowly).
- Dip frozen centers in melted caramel covering completely.
- Quickly roll log in chopped pecans.
- Put in shape and place on waxed paper to set.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.