This is easy to prepare and takes maximum 40 minutes. It serves about 12 people.
- 1 box Duncan Hines golden butter recipe cake mix
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 16-ounce carton light cream or half and half
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup light Karo syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix the milks and cream.
- Pierce cake with a fork and pour the milk mixture evenly over it and let it absorb.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar and syrup together over low heat.
- Let cool slightly. Beat the egg whites until foamy in a large bowl.
- Slowly pour over the warm syrup and continue beating the eggs until the meringue reaches a thick consistency.
- Add vanilla.
- Frost top of cake and keep refrigerated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.