For poultry and vegetable lovers! This noodle-based Oriental salad starts off with real chicken, vegetables, and condiments, and is great with other side dishes, main dishes or appetizers but the color and results are worth it. Rice noodles occasionally replace the ramen noodles and work for this, too.
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce, dark or light only
- 3 packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles or (2 packages rice noodles, cooked)
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 12 ounces canned chicken, drained or (2 kilograms cooked chicken)
- 1 cup toasted and sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- Add rice vinegar, soy sauce, and ramen noodles (or rice noodles) to a pan full of boiling oil.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage, lettuce, noodles including seasonings (or cooked rice noodles), chicken, green onions, and almonds before tossing. Serve warm and plain or with other appetizers, side dishes, or main dishes but place the poultry-based Oriental salad in a large, fresh plate with the tongs.