This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Serves 2
- 1 can mushrooms, stems and pieces or 8 to 10 fresh mushrooms, chopped and sautéed in butter
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- sprinkle of dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook potato and onion with a bit of salt in enough water to cover.
- When potato is almost cooked, add can of mushrooms, with their juice, (or sautéed fresh mushrooms) and heat through.
- Heat the milk separately.
- Add the potato mixture to the hot milk.
- Let stand a few minutes for flavors to blend.
- Thicken, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.