In Romanian: Cartofi prajiti economic.
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into 1 finger thick slices.
- salt and let sit with the salt for 5 minutes.
- Put all potatoes in a large pan with the hot oil and lard, mix and cover with a lid.
- After a few minutes, raise the lid, quickly wipe it with a dry cloth, gently mix the potatoes and put the wiped lid back on.
- Repeat this procedure every 3 minutes until the potatoes are done.
- potatoes fried this way are nicely browned, soft inside and do not use much shortening.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.