- 3/4 cup cubed cooked and peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked beets
- 1 finely chopped hardboiled egg
- 1 small chopped very fine red onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooked white rice
- mix potatoes, beets, carrots, egg and Onion together.
- In a separate bowl mix the oil lemon water and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Taste make sure it is real tangy from the lemon and salty from the salt. if not then add more.
- the oil can be substituted with extra water for dieters.
- Then either steam or boil white rice serve the hot rice with the chilled beat salad and taste them together.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.