- 2 lg tomatoes; seeds removed,finely chopped
- 1 md Onion; finely chopped
- 1 tb fresh cilantro; finely chopped
- 4 lg aji chiles; seeds and stems removed,
- 1 or 4 lg yellow wax hot chiles
- 1 or 4 jalapeños
- 1/2 c water
- 1 salt to taste
chiles, water, and 3 tablespoons of the tomato, Onion, cilantro mixture in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add the chile puree to the remaining tomato mixture and mix well. salt to taste.
- Variations: Ecuadorians are very fond of adding beans to their salsa.
The most popular beans are the lupini, which are large white beans about the size of Lima beans. Just add the cooked beans directly to the salsa. Or, add 1 teaspoon Peanut butter with the chiles in the blender and follow the above recipe.