Vegetable soup. Eat with any of the dishes that have 'soup' with them.
- 1 bunch vegetables
- 450 g fresh tomatoes
- 450 g meat
- 2 maggi cubes
- 6 tablespoons of palm oil if available, or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- dry pepper
- 450 g smoked fish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon locust beans (optional)
- bell pepper(s) (optional)
- condiments (optional)
- Boil the meat or fish, with the salt, onions, etc.
- Until the meat is tender, and keep it aside.
- Separate the vegetable leaves.
- Wash them, drain them, and cut them.
- Place some oil in a pot, heat the oil and fry the meat slightly.
- Blend the tomatoes and any bell peppers if you chose to use them.
- You can either blend the onion with this mixture, or cut it into slices.
- Remove the meat from the oil, and add the blended mixture to the hot oil.
- Also add the crayfish and the condiments.
- Allow to cook for 20–30 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the meat and the smoked fish, and simmer for another 20–30 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, and cook for another 10–15 minutes.
- Add salt and dry pepper to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.