This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Love Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 2 scallions green and white parts finely chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 pita breads
- Melt butter in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Combine eggs, tomato, scallions, feta, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour into skillet and cook until set.
- Cut pockets in the pita breads with a serrated knife.
- Fill breads with egg mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.