From the Portland Oregonian's Foodday, 12/22/93
- Makes 8 servings
- 6 cups skim milk, divided
- 8 oz Egg Beaters
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp rum extract
- ¼ cup brandy, optional
- 1 ground nutmeg, optional garnish
- 1 ground cinnamon, optional garnish
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, heat 5 cups milk, egg beaters and sugar until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and rum extract.
- Cover; chill.
- Just before serving, stir in brandy if desired; thin to desired consistency with remaining skim milk.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
Nutritional information Edit
- 152 calories (25% from protein, 56% from carbohydrate, 7% from fat, 11% from alcohol) | 10g protein | 21g carbohydrate | 1g fat | 3mg cholesterol | 145mg sodium.
- Exchanges: ½ milk, ½ meat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.