- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of full-cream milk
- 6 – 8 tablespoons sugar (or adjust to suit your taste)
- 25 grams of butter
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of powdered cinnamon
- Pour milk in a saucepan and add half of the sugar and the bay leaf.
- Boil to nearly half its volume with occasional stirring to prevent the skin being formed.
- Allow to cool down.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, adding the remaining sugar in three steps.
- Add this and the pinch of cinnamon to the milk and mix thoroughly.
- Cook uncovered in a thick-bottomed pan over medium heat until it turns golden yellow
- Add butter and go on stirring until the liquid portion is almost dried up, but be careful not to over-dry.
- Pour the haloa in a glass bowl.
- Serve when cools down.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.