This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Elmquist Estate in Heath, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 hard-cooked eggs chopped
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup cottage cheese drained dry
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups lettuce
- In bowl combine eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, celery, onion, dry mustard, salt and cayenne.
- Cover and chill.
- Cut a slice off the top of each tomato then scoop out seeds and flesh.
- Invert tomatoes on paper toweling to drain then chill well.
- To serve sprinkle inside of tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of the egg mixture into each tomato shell.
- Sprinkle with snipped parsley.
- Arrange tomatoes on lettuce then serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.