This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Elmquist Estate in Heath, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 slices bread
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 6 eggs well beaten
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- crushed potato chips
- ½ cup melted butter
- Place bread, ham, cheese sandwich wise in a pan big enough to hold the sandwiches.
- Mix remaining ingredients except potato chips and butter beat well and pour over sandwich.
- Cover with crushed potato chips then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before placing in oven.
- Pour ½ cup melted butter over top then bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.