Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 ripe avocado (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ tsp hot red pepper sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup broken tortilla chips
- ½ cup shredded jack cheese
- Cut avocado lengthwise around the pit; twist halves to separate; spear pit with a knife, twist and pull to remove; gently scoop out flesh with a spoon; dice avocado (makes about 1 cup) and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper; cook and stir until onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, cilantro, hot sauce and salt.
- Add to mixture in skillet along with tortilla chip pieces.
- Cook and stir gently until eggs are set but still soft.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover and remove from heat; let stand until cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Divide mixture among four plates; top with reserved avocado.
- Serve with bacon strips or curls, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.