- Round lettuce - 1,
- Sardines in olive oil - 1 x 120g (4 oz) can,
- eggs - 2 large hard boiled,
- celery - 1 large stick,
- Soured cream - 150 ml (5 fl oz),
- milk - 1 tbsp,
- lemon juice or vinegar - 1 tbsp,
- icing sugar - *1 tsp, or caster sugar,
- chives - 3 tbsp, snipped,
- salt - * teaspoon,
- pepper - dash,
- paprika to garnish,
- lemon wedges - 4, to garnish.
- Wash the lettuce and shake the leaves dry. Tear into bite-sized pieces and use to cover 4 individual plates.
- Skin and bone the sardines. Chop the eggs finely.
- Wash the celery and slice thinly.
- Put the sardines in a bowl and mash finely with the eggs. Add the celery.
- Beat the soured cream well together with milk and lemon juice or vinegar.
- Stir in Sugar. Add the chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If a thinner dressing is preferred, add a little extra milk.
- Leave in the fridge for 15 minutes before using.
- Blend the dressing into the sardine mixture.
- Pile equal amounts over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika and top each with a lemon wedge.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.