- Makes about 6 servings.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup light rum
- 1 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Blend in rum and ¾ cup almonds.
- With sharp knife or string cut angel food cake into 3 even layers.
- Restack layers with filling between each.
- Chill cake 24 hours.
- Just before serving, whip cream until stiff.
- Use to frost cake.
- Sprinkle cream with remaining ¼ cup almonds.
Nutritional information Edit
Each serving contains about: 1099 calories; 587 mg sodium; 365 mg cholesterol; 59 grams fat; 128 grams carbohydrates; 14 grams protein; 0.89 gram fiber; 48% calories from fat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.