- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp double acting baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1½ cup whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp rum flavoring
- Rum Cream Frosting
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream in a large bowl until stiff.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Add sugar, gradually, beating until well blended.
- Add rum flavoring.
- Fold in dry ingredients, gently, ¼ at a time, until all dry particles disappear.
- Put into two 9" round layer pans, well greased and lightly floured on the bottoms.
- Spread frosting between layers and on top.
- Garnish with nutmeg.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.