- 1 cup butter or margarine, soft
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup egg nog
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with eggnog, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in coconut and flavorings.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" tube pan and bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.