Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 48
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- ½ teaspoon brandy extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup colored (or plain) sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large mixer bowl, combine all cookie ingredients (except ¼ cup colored or plain sugar and nutmeg).
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Combine the ¼ cup colored sugar with the nutmeg; set aside.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove and cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.