- 1 Small eggplant
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 Pkg. ziti (8 Oz)
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 Jar spaghetti sauce (15.5 Oz)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (3 Oz)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel Eggplant and cut crosswise into thin slices
- Dredge each slice in flour and brown on both sides in hot oil
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cook ziti 6 minutes (al dente). Drain and return to pot.
- Mix in ricotta, half the spaghetti sauce and half the Parmesan cheese
- Cover the bottom of a baking dish with ziti and top with a layer of eggplant
- Repeat layers of ziti and eggplant until both are gone
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan
- Bake until brown and crispy, about 20 minutes.
Serves 3 to 4
Source: my Old Recipes
contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.