- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 whole cayenne peppers
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 3 tbsp grated fresh coconut (optional)
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 large eggplant
- Skin the eggplant and chop it up into small cubes.
- Microwave or roast the eggplant so it is well cooked.
- Heat up 2 tsp of vegetable oil in a skillet, and when it starts get hot add the mustard (watch out because it will pop a little), cayenne pepper and the dal in that order and keep turning the dal until it turns golden.
- Add the cumin seeds.
- Take this masala and grind it in the blender.
- Add the ground masala, tamarind and salt to the eggplant and purée it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.