This Moroccan snack is great to munch on whenever the mood takes you. They are delicious and easy to prepare.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sultana raisins
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon curry
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground [ginger]]
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Firstly, put the eggplant in the microwave for a few minutes until it's tender.
- Then put it into the blender until it makes a puree.
- Whisk the eggplant with 2 eggs, the breadcrumbs and everything else on the list except for the flour, the other two eggs and a cup of breadcrumbs.
- Split the mixture into portions of about 1 tablespoon each and coat with flour, dip it into the beaten eggs and then add a final coat of breadcrumbs.
- Flatten the portions in your hands to make patties and put them on a baking sheet.
- Do this to each portion.
- Heat some oil in large saucepan and, when it is hot, add the patties and fry until golden-brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.