One advantage eggplant has over avocados (aside from the ff aspect) is that eggplant keeps longer. eggplant guacamole can be made ahead of time and it will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator. Michelle M.
- Take the eggplant, prick it several times with a fork (this is very important!), place in a shallow baking pan and bake at 350 °F.
- For an hour or so till it is cook through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Peel and mash.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate mix for an hour or two before eating because it allows the flavors to blend and smooth out better.
- After the dip sits for a while some of the water from the tomatoes separates out and i just pour that off.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.