- 1 pound eggplant, peeled
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 onions, chopped
- herbes de Provence
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Cut eggplant into 1½ inch cubes, sprinkle with salt and drain in a colander for 20 minutes.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet and sauté eggplant gently, stirring constantly.
- Raise heat and cook another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper add garlic, onions and herbes de Provence.
- Mix well and simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Butter a loaf pan or mold.
- Beat eggs with sour cream.
- When eggplant is cooked mash with a fork.
- Add egg mixture and pour into the prepared pan.
- Place in a larger pan with at least 1 inch water (bain Marie).
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.