- 2 eggplants, cut in ½ inch thick rounds
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 26 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1½ cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat broiler.
- Place half the eggplant on broiler rack, coat with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle with half the pepper.
- Broil 8 min. per side or until lightly browned and tender.
- Repeat with remaining eggplant and pepper.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread ½ cup marinara sauce in a shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- Line with ½ the eggplant, spoon on 1¼ cups sauce, top with 1 cup mozzarella, then remaining eggplant, sauce and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, cover with foil.
- Bake 45 min. or until bubbly.
- Let rest 15 min.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.