In Romanian: Mincare de vinete preparata ruseste.
- 3 medium eggplants
- 1 lb / 500 g tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 1 carrot
- 3 green peppers
- 1 parsley root
- 1 celery root
- 1 tablespoon mixed parsley and dill
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Wash the eggplants, remove the stem and cut into ½ inch rounds.
- Sprinkle with salt and let rest for 1 hour.
- Drain each slice well and dry it with a clean cloth.
- Dredge with flour and fry in oil, on both sides, at medium heat.
- After all eggplants have been fried, fry the thinly sliced onions and vegetables in the remaining oil until softened.
- In a pan, arrange a layer of tomato rounds (reserve about ⅓ of the tomatoes for sauce), then a layer of fried eggplants, sprinkle with some minced garlic, then a layer of fried vegetables sprinkled with some chopped parsley and dill.
- Repeat this procedure until everything is used up.
- The last layer must be tomatoes.
- Boil the remaining tomatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of water, strain, add some salt and ½ teaspoon sugar.
- Pour this sauce over the eggplants and then bake until almost all liquid is reduced.
- Turn onto the serving platter and serve warm or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.