Source: Ayla Esen Algar, The Complete Book of Turkish Cooking.
- This recipe is for 4 servings.
- 1 large eggplant
- juice of ½ lemon
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp mashed garlic
- 2½ tbsp vinegar
- tomato slices
- onion slices
- Greek black olives for garnish
- Cook unpeeled eggplant until it is charred on the outside and the flesh is thoroughly soft.
- Cool slightly and then peel.
- Wipe clean and squeeze out all the water.
- Place eggplant in a bowl with the lemon juice and salt.
- Mash well.
- Add olive oil, garlic and vinegar, blend thoroughly.
- Serve on a plate garnished with tomato, onion and olives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.