- 1 small eggplant
- 1/2 lbs sausage, bulk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, dry
- 1 tsp butter (or marg.), melted
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs
- Peel eggplant, and cut into 1" cubes; cook in a small amount of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Let cool slightly.
- Cook sausage and onion until onion is tender and sausage is brown.
- Combine eggplant, sausage mixture, egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Mix well, and spoon into a greased 1-quart casserole.
- Combine butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.