- 1 tbsp margarine, reduced-calorie
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato soup, undiluted commercial
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tbsp soft breadcrumbs
- Melt margarine in a small heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Combine pepper and onion in container of electric blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a medium-size nonstick skillet, and cook over low heat until tender.
- Add soup and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; continue to cook, uncovered, over low heat until thickened.
- Layer white sauce, eggs, and soup mixture in a 3 qt casserole dish coated with cooking spray; top with breadcrumbs bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are browned and mixture is thoroughly heated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.