A Catfish recipe. Egypt Ridge is a town in West Virginia.
- 1 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- For garnish: peanuts and finely chopped parsley
- Place catfish fillets on paper towels to dry.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place flour, curry powder, salt and cayenne pepper in a plastic bag.
- Slice catfish into 3-inch lengths and add to bag.
- Shake bag to coat catfish with flour mixture.
- Fry catfish in the hot oil two at a time for about 3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Drain on fresh paper towels.
- Add onion to remaining oil in pan, stirring to distribute in oil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in raisins and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add honey and cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add catfish pieces to pan and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Cover and cook until the fish is warmed through.
- Serve garnished with peanuts and chopped parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.