- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 Onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- If using boneless Chicken pieces, cut into 1-in cubes and place in a shallow non-aluminum container, or plastic zip top bag. You may use cut up Chicken pieces also.
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and pour over the Chicken. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight. You can marinate for up to 48 hours if properly refrigerated.
- Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking. While the meat is warming to room temp., prepare a fire in a charcoal grill or preheat your oven broiler (griller) Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- If using Chicken cubes, thread on to skewers. Place the skewers or butterfield or halved birds on the grill rack or a broilerpan and grill or broil until cooked through, basting with reserved marinade while cooking. (use a kitchen brush or spoon).
- Cooking time will depend upon the size of the poultry pieces; But do not let meat become dry. Watch the meat carefully. It may only take 1 hour for breast pieces and less for bonier pieces. Serve the broiled/grilled Chicken with pita bread & lemon wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.