This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon soda
- Mix flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and nutmeg then add salad oil and mix well.
- Remove ½ cup of this mixture then add to it the cinnamon and nuts and save for the topping.
- To original mixture add egg, buttermilk and soda then pour into a cake pan and top with frosting mixture.
- Cut through with a knife so frosting can seep into cake.
- Bake 35 minutes at 375°F.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.