This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 package prepared cornbread mix
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- ½ pound shrimp
- ½ pound flounder fillets
- ¼ pound scallops
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 teaspoon clarified butter
- Well in advance prepare cornbread according to package directions then cool and process in food processor to make fine crumbs then set aside.
- Finely chop onion.
- Remove seeds and veins from peppers and chop into small pieces.
- Peel chop and finely crush garlic.
- Sauté onion in frying pan in hot olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Add peppers and garlic and continue cooking until peppers are almost tender.
- Meanwhile peel shrimp then coarsely chop shrimp, scallops and flounder.
- Remove onion and pepper mixture from heat and add seafood, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- Stir gently to prevent breaking up crab.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne then shape into patties and coat both sides with cornbread mixture.
- When ready to serve heat 2 tablespoons of the clarified butter in the frying pan over a moderately high flame then sauté 3 cakes at a time for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add more butter if necessary.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.