- one thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- ¼ habanero pepper
- juice of two limes, in a separate bowl
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- ½ seedless cucumber, diced
- ½ carrot diced
- ½ cup jícama, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves picked and minced
- ¼ red pepper, diced
- ¼ yellow pepper, diced
- ¼ orange pepper, diced
- Put the garlic, ginger and habanero in a food processor, or blender, and grind to a fine puree, adding a few drops of the lime juice to loosen it up a bit.
- Place this in a 1½- or two-quart sauce/soup pan, over medium high heat.
- Sauté for 10 seconds and removed from heat.
- Pour in the broth, return pan to heat, let it come to a slow simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes to incorporate all the flavors.
- Divide the garnish vegetables between four soup bowls and pour the broth over.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.