Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into medium dice
- 2 stalks celery, cut into medium dice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2½ cups beef broth
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped collard greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- rice, for serving
- Combine the essence, flour, and beef cubes in a bowl.
- Toss to coat well.
- Add the oil to a pressure cooker and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the meat and cook, turning occasionally, until evenly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion, celery, salt, pepper, and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the browned meat, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, red wine, and broth.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes, turning down heat once a steady stream of steam is emitted from the valve.
- Add the parsnips, turnips, and collard greens, stir well, and replace lid.
- Cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.